Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Tourtiere Heaven: Part 2 (The Sweet Stuff)

Nun Farts
Regardless of the name, this is not what I am referring to...







Remember those cuttings that would just fall to the table when making the Tourtiere pie crusts?




Well once those have been gathered up they need to be rolled into one big thin square.




Spread a small amount of butter over the dough and liberally sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, and begin rolling.



Then cut the roll into 1 inch high "swirls of delight".




Now bake them in the oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.




Once they have cooled slightly enjoy eating a mouth watering melt in your mouth buttery cinnamon crust of Heaven.  Unfortunately the French Canadian name for these little delicacies is Des Pet de Soeur, Or as you've already guessed Nun Farts.

Now excuse me while I finish the rest of this plate of Crusty goodness.  Believe me, you do not want to know the much naughtier name that The Agronomist's Pepere used.   After all, this is a family show.

Now just eat your Farts and everything will be as it should...Heavenly.

PS The Agronomist is finding my Posts very uncouth these past two days... but I know, deep down... he secretly loves it when I, "shoot the breeze."



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!