Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

Today I Will Fly! ( A New Year's Resolution)

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen.

That is where the food is.

But more importantly it is also where my children's artwork is displayed.
You see, this old bungalow was built in 1956, hence the name;
and my kitchen cabinets were the top of the line for their day.
They are metal cabinets with chrome edging.
They are very cool.
You'll be seeing a lot of them in the new year, during the much needed kitchen overhaul.

The best thing about Metal cabinets is they are magnetic,
and in our house they are covered with wonderful drawings and pictures my three girls create on a daily basis, week after week.

My youngest has fallen in love with the series of books written by Mo Willems, and has drawn several of his characters.

After awhile I don't even realize what is stuck to my cabinets and it fades into the background.
But today I noticed.
Today is the beginning of 2010, and my youngest' drawing of Mo Willems' characters struck me as profound.
Most days I am the elephant.
I have been known to be a procrastinator, and have, for fear of failing, stopped myself before I even try.  I understand Gerald (the elephant).
I too suffer from terrible analysis paralysis and wonder how others manage to accomplish so much.
This year I want to be Piggie.

This year Bungalow'56 Will Fly!  Piggie will be my bacon beacon, and I too will believe in the impossible.


This year you will witness great accomplishments at Bungalow'56.  I will fight my daydreaming, procrastinating ways and I will fly!

It will be an Organized Life; a Room by Room Make-over; a Transformation of epic proportions.

I will no longer let the past be a predictor of the future.  I do not want to be the naysayer elephant.

This year belongs to the Pig!

Happy New Year Friends!


Now if you'll excuse me...I need to practice flapping.

. . . a lot of flapping.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Pigs unite! I'm with ya, baby! Start flapping, I'll be right behind you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooooh, I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the say. Hummm, sorry, I just had to break out in song. Heeeheehe. Loved the post!

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messy, I am right there with you! I think I will have to re-read this post when I start procrastinating this year for some extra motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!