Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Piggies. . .

It's Christmas Eve and we are off to the farm.  We will be celebrating Reveillon with my French Canadian in-laws.  We are bringing all of our gifts with us, and we are very excited.   But I have to be honest with you, as I'm feeling a wee bit guilty.

I have been naughty and opened a gift before Christmas.  It was the gift of ten beautiful toes.  (Thank you mom!)  Toes that are usually shoved into Running shoes and Winter boots have been shown the light.  A beautiful Christmas light!
Thanks to Jasmine at Merle Norman my toes have experienced a transformation, and I will never be the same.  I will walk into the room knowing that inside my shoes I have feet that belong on the red carpet.  If I couldn't become an Oscar winning actress, at least I have toes that look like they belong to one.

I am bringing ten little jewels to the farm with me tonight.  Usually I'm bringing ten little piggies, but I am here to tell you it is true, you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

They are usually a little shy, but I kept telling them that Jasmine said they were perfect little toes. They asked me if she told all her toes this?  I told them she seemed really sincere.

You see I'm afraid I've given them a little complex, always referring to my wide feet as Duck feet, showing whomever might be sitting beside me, the wide spaces always present between my piglets. . .you see what they have to listen to? why they have this particular self-image?

But after listening to Jasmine's constant reinforcement and her Oooh's and Aaah's I think we've turned a corner.  These toes have come out of their shell, or in this case, socks and shoes.  I do believe they have been pedi-cured!

I hope you'll have a chance to put your feet up this holiday.
I know I will.
And as often as possible,  without shoes on!

Have a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

These little Piggies are off  to celebrate with their family, the Birthday of a little someone named
Baby Jesus, whom I suspect had ten perfect little toes.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You have beautiful feet! I was googling "wide feet" to help myself feel better about mine, and I came across your blog.

    Really nice pedicure!

    I never made it to sandals this summer...but maybe next? We'll see. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!