Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

My Christmas Angel

Not A Christmas Tree Topper
No, this is not a post about my Christmas tree topper.  Instead it is about why I always look so tired.  I have been very clear about how my picture on this blog was an anomaly.  I have been known on several occasions to use a trowel to apply concealer under my dark circled eyes. Who is responsible for this?  My beautiful third child.



How is it possible that this little cherub could have deprived me of soo much sleep over the past several years?  Wonderful dream filled sleeps were supposed to be mine once they were no longer babies.  But this one was never given the memo.  She was awake last night, albeit from a cold, from 3:30 am until 5:00 am.  She doesn't toss or turn, or complain, she just mumbles how tired she is, and that she can't sleep.  If we put her to bed at 8:00 pm she falls asleep at 10:00 pm.  The Agronomist will check on her and have to tell her to close her eyes, as she lays there staring at the ceiling.  And guess who is the first one up?  She has always needed less sleep than anyone else in the family.  Sometimes it makes me weep, particularly on Saturday mornings.


She's my Christmas Angel

At first I worried she was sleep deprived, and sometimes still do. But truth be told, I am the only one who is sleep deprived, and have been for the past seven years.  This very awake Angelic Face my friends, is the reason we have three children instead of four. 
PS  I am still working on the Heavenly Tourtiere post and will complete it....after my nap.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!