Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

In Love With Pink Porridge

As a child there was one thing I always looked forward to on Valentine's Day.   I knew with certainty I would be eating something pink.  Something that, on any other day, was not pink.

Every Valentine's morning my three sisters and I, would wake up to the sounds of breakfast being made downstairs.  Once dressed we would find a beautifully set table with Flowers, and red decorations.

There would be a little package of red cinnamon hearts on our plate, along with a Valentine note that made each of us feel special.

The PINK porridge, or PINK scrambled eggs, or PINK pancakes would then be served.

I have decided to continue this tradition with my own girls, and they look forward to the morning with anticipation.

The youngest asks several times if I am going to decorate this year.  It amazes me how much the girls remember from year to year, and how important the tradition has become, especially for her.


The detailed memory of what was in their little Valentine basket the year before is very clear.

My Girls love our special celebrations, and I am so thankful that my mother gave us many wonderful ones, that I now pass down to my own girls.


This Valentine's Day we enjoyed PINK waffles, with a few treats, decorations and of course some flowers.

We are continuing the Valentine's traditions I loved as a kid.

I will have to save the oatmeal for next year, my girls are not quite as in love with Pink Porridge as much as their mother was.  But I'm working on them.  I'm already planning the green Porridge for St. Patrick's Day!

 xo
Dana

MckLinky Blog Hop
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea! I LOVE it! Also, what's this blog hop? Shoot me an email and fill me in - housethatjadebuilt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! It sounds like you & your girls had a great Valentine's Day. I love your pictures - the pink waffles look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is the sweetest Valentine story! Your pictures are gorgeous! If I made something a color other than what it should be... my familly just might commit me.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and commenting. I'm sure you love them just as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!