1. If you check your sense of humour at the door.... then you're in for a loooong ride my friend.
Keep It All In Perspective
2. You will not need to wipe their bummers when they are fifteen. It's called a Stage for a reason.
All They Need Is Love.... bum bada dum.... All They Need Is Love....
3. It's just that simple. Thank you Beatles.
4. You'll know when to say it. When you feel badly about a decision. They need to hear it.
More Is Caught Than Taught
5. Words are cheap. Kids hear a lot of words. blah blah... blah blah blah. But what they see? They remember.
Go With The Flow
6. If you think life will go according to plan with kids, then you are setting yourself up for disaster.
Follow Your Instincts
7. If it feels wrong in your heart, then it's not for you, regardless of what the book says.
8. They will LOVE you for it!
Get Yourself Some Sleep
9. The Mother hood is not for the tired. It will eat you up and spit you out if it even gets a hint of a yawn.
Don't Forget You Lived In Another Hood before moving to the Mother District.
10. Find a way to leave the hood every once in awhile.
And when you do?
Make sure you do it in a nice convertible...
with a pair of Jackie O glasses.
This post will be linking up with The Good Life's Monday Listicles!