Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Motivation Is A Wonderful Thing

We had two families over for pizza last night.
Entertaining that includes cooking really stresses me out.
The Agronomist knows this, so he suggested a pizza night.
I love that man.

So I didn't cook, but the girls and I were busy bees.
The house hasn't been this tidy since the basement reno started.
And it feels so good.

I have decreed we must have people over once a week for a meal....
a meal, that I have not had the pleasure of cooking.

Because... I will tidy and clean like a mad woman.
Motivation is a wonderful thing my friends.
Plus it's just good for the soul,
sharing a meal with new and old friends alike.

Aaand...
 
the kid's

had a blast

enjoying all of the static on the trampoline.
All we heard out the window ALL evening was squeals of laughter.
Apparently they were shocking each other with zaps never seen around these parts before.

psst...Mom and Dad if you're wondering if you should buy one for them, then you need to read this.

This morning I woke up at 5am and could not go back to sleep.
I think it was because I just wanted to enjoy our new clean space in the quiet of the early morning,
when everything was still and, well... clean.

I had a chance to visit some favourite blogs which I haven't been to this past week.
And I'm happy I did.

The Empress posted the video below about the creative process, and while I experienced a bit of vertigo while watching it, the word's spoke to me.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



xoxo,

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love their hair! How wonderful to have clean crew clean before visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That static is pretty crazy!

    And I get nervous when I have to cook for guests, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That, woman, is a great idea.

    Inviting ppl over, to clean, vs what I do: NOT invite so I don't have to clean.

    Genius.

    That video?

    I know, I know.

    I KNOW.

    Love you, woman, and so blessed to have someone in my life, that gets this video as much as I do.

    I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing a picture of static and the clings! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!