Pages

Monday, November 01, 2010

It Just Never Ended...

I don't know if it was just me, but halloween seemed to last a loooong time this year.

My two youngest ended school on a Thursday, so school festivities were prepared for over several days throughout the week.

My Middlest and her best friend decided to go as a good/evil fairy duo.
Wigs were bought earlier in the month so they could go as twins, but scrapped at the final hour.
Grandma came to the rescue with old vintage dance recital costumes.
My youngest was the most excited about being a gypsy.
Or was it fortune teller?  
She never really did decide.  
"Mom, they're both the same thing...!?"
I stand corrected, she was a Gypsy Fortune Teller.

(Almost normal everyday wear)

My eldest was unsure as to the participation at high school when it came to costumes, so she managed an almost costume that bordered between...

(Funky Rad Hippie Outfit)

 "I could actually wear this, but it could also be a costume" hippie outfit.

This was at 8 am Thursday morning.  
Ready for school?
Not quite.

There, that's more like it.
Thankfully by Sunday the weather had warmed up considerably.

When Sunday rolled around, costumes needed to be created once again for trick or treating.
Middlest decided a fairy costume was not warm enough so an hour before it was time to go, she pulled together a burglar outfit.  
And eldest who was not going to miss out on the fun, took ten minutes to make her sign and don some of The Agronomist's clothes to create a construction worker.  The fire fighter hat was a construction helmet fill-in that worked quite nicely.
The youngest was the only one who didn't have any last minute crisis, and knew exactly who she was.
A Gypsy Fortune Teller.

We had a great time!

The girls pooled all of their candy and sorted the good from the bad.

The family coffer is dipped into for lunches and maybe one small treat after supper. And maybe a before bed snack for mom and dad.

This works really well for us.  
No fighting over who had more.
No hoarders popping candy into their mouths into Easter, while their sisters whine they don't have any.

What do you do with your Halloween candy?

Stay tuned.... this year a few suspicious things happened during Halloween.  
I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.
It has to do with the cookies.
It will shock you.
It will make you question every question you've ever asked yourself.

I'll show you.
It will be like nothing you've ever seen before.
Just a little weirdness happening over here at Bungalow'56.
This photo below pretty much gives you the foreshadowing you will need...

Because you know me.

I've never been one to be overly dramatic.

Here's a little hint:
 

xoxo

This post will be linking up with SITS Halloween Parade , Parenting by Dummies Wordful Wednesday, Live and Love Outloud Wordful/Wordless Wednesday, Alicia at A Beautiful Mess and Five Minutes For Mom Halloween Link-up and Wordless Wednesday
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. They are so cute!!!
    We pool our candy too for lunches and such. The three years thinks it is fair to eat it for breakfast. NOT.

    I am intrigued by the cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great & like it was a good time (how can dressing up & candy not be?)! I love the costumes, my daughter also thinks they are "so purrty" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun was had by all. Great costumes and pics!! Thanks so much for linkin up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love their costumes. The Gypsy Fortune Teller is my fav. Especially her bag for goodies. Too cute!

    Will you drop on by my blog? Maybe like me on Facebook or follow me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes are fantastic! I've seen a lot of posts with kids changing costumes for different days! Never heard of such a thing! I can't keep up with trends! The boys have the same amount of candy. They give me whatever they don't like.

    ~Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. They did a great job of coming up with a variety of costumes. It looks like they had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to say I have terrible fashion taste - but I would totally wear that Gypsy Fortune Teller costume as a normal outfit.

    I mean, just look at that belt - adorable!

    (Yes, I'm somewhat ashamed.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those costumes are brilliant! Looks as if the girls had a great time. What's not to love about Halloween??!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!