Pages

Thursday, September 01, 2011

This Is What "One" Looks Like

IMG_3632
I met Miss K for the first time at a park near our house.

Kinley edit
She is related to another little tike I took pictures of a few months back
which you can see HERE.

IMG_3671
I guess they must have had a chat, and she decided she was willing to work with me.

IMG_3860
She was very interested in the location I had chosen.

soother
And also made it very clear she was one year old now
and was not going to put up with any funny stuff.

IMG_3686
I could tell she had a vision for the photo shoot.

IMG_3613
Part of that vision included setting up the shot with props.

B&W
I could tell when she wasn't agreeing with my suggestions,
because she would give me "the look."


IMG_3877
Her instincts were bang on.
She knew how to find the perfect light and was a natural in front of the camera.

Mom kiss
Both her mother and I were so impressed with her professionalism.

IMG_3762
Once we were finished we decided to kick off our shoes and relax.

IMG_3641
We had a few laughs and then, well, it was time for a nap.

Because for the first time in a long time
....I needed it.

xoxo,

This post will be linking up with the wonderful Jenny for 
Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Oh, Dana!
    These photos are just ethereal.
    Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, Dana, Dana! You have the gift! There is nothing more I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beee-you-tee-full!

    Love the photo's and the the subject matter!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. You have wonderful talent for capturing your subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Great job working with a little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was such a cute subject to photograph. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful baby. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, Holland is a wonderful country. I went there in the 80's, as an import broker of cut flowers. I was in Aalsmeer at the international flower market, then toured the countryside with a Dutch broker and his wife. I have written a children's book with Dutch artist, Dick Rink, who did all the beautiful illustrations. You can download it for free if you scroll down my right side-bar. It is just a small little book, but it was lots of fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think YOU are awesome sauce, too.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos are outstanding -- so great! Where the T though? Is it the T in "This"? ;)

    Will be back for more of your awesome photos!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Birgit


    PS: See my T post here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, yeah, I now follow your blog -- don't want to miss any of your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, gosh. ONE and SIX kill me.

    Just take my heart out and chomp on it.

    SO BEAUTIFUL.

    Dana, really, So beyond words BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very precious! Great work, Dana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Dana.

    gosh.

    I am always speechless here.

    I wish I could have you do a photo shoot of my Grands. Your work is brilliant!

    I forget what one looks like. Thanks for reminding me.

    And for making my heart smile.

    Terrific, terrific, terrific.

    A++++++++++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh girl...you and your camera are gonna be really busy!!!! Awesome pics! And cute story too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable. Excellent. Perfect. Simply delightful images that capture the essence of this little one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!