Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

What I Think About When I'm Cleaning My Toilet

I wonder if I'll win the lottery today? Probably not.

...guess I better buy a ticket first.

If I did win, I wonder if I could let someone else clean my toilet?

That would be kind of weird.

I bet I'd get over it though.
But I'd probably do a little swish and swipe before they came.

Just to keep up appearances.

I've heard cleaning ladies make a killing these days.

...maybe I should start cleaning other peoples toilets.

But then again, I can barely stand to clean the ones in my own home.

See it's true what they say... winning the lottery does not solve all of one's problems.

It just causes new problems.

I need a coffee.

Deep thoughts tucker me out.

xoxo,


PS

We have a busy weekend this weekend.
My house is a mess.
I'll be spending most of the weekend trying to make sense of it.
We need to decide what will be returning to the basement.
We have flooring in and doors up.  Pictures will be coming I promise.
It's getting cold outside and we need our garage, so we are motivated to get it done.
Plus the job of moving each of the girl's into their prospective new bedroom.
Youngest has been in tears the past couple of nights though,
because she isn't sure she wants to be in her own room.

I'll let you know how it goes.
All I know for sure is... lot's of coffee will be involved.

What are you planning to do this weekend?
Whatever it is... have a great one! Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Your blog is absolutely adorable! I found it while I was on the computer waiting for the ktichen floor to dry after I mopped it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the only good thing about having arthritis that doesn't quit is having a cleaning lady.

    But I still clean my toilets sometimes. Old habits die hard.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the thing: it has to be done.

    I hate it as much as the next person, but I know it has to be done.

    Also, after it's done, and clean: I feel peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I wonder sometimes about what would happen if we ever split up the boys....I hope Youngest doesn't have too hard of a time!! Can't wait for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh, least favorite chore ever - but alas, the only one i insist on doing myself ... a vicious circle! wishing you a productive weekend, dana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you win that lottery! I always think about my husband and son when I clean the toilet, how I am going to make them clean it.....but that never happens.

    I am excited to see the finished basement! Exciting for you too? Good luck with all the decisions and tears Have a great weekend Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I hope she will love her own space and her new room. How sweet!
    Have a fun busy weekend. Yard work and work-work over here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah! You are such a tease...I can't wait to see the final basement reveal.. seriously, I am on the edge of my (non toilet) seat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to see the basement! So sad for littlest, it's tough growing up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like the applause after a show! Yay clapping!